Eating right really all boils down to the effort you put in well before you make the choice of what goes in your mouth. In other words, planning and meal prepping rocks! These super easy overnight steel cut oats have been a lifesaver and a time saver for me.
Easy Peasy Overnight Oats
1. Bring 4 cups of water to a rapid boil
2. Add 1 cup of steel cut oats
3. Stir and boil for 1 minute, stirring more if it starts to rise
4. Turn heat off, cover and let sit overnight
5. In the morning, reheat a single serving to eat and then save the rest in the refrigerator.
So stinkin’ easy! I have plenty for my breakfast all week long. You can add toppings like nuts and fruit (and maybe a tiny bitty bit of maple syrup if you like it sweet). I like to add 1/2 banana and a dash of cinnamon to mine, the banana makes it just sweet enough so that I don’t need to add a sweetener of any kind! Have fun experimenting!